When you’re trying to build muscle, you must understand that sleeping and eating are just as important as your exercises. Not getting enough sleep or calories will eliminate your muscle gains completely.
In this article, we’ll be talking about the foods you should be eating and the ones you need to avoid and finally, provide you with a simple meal plan.
Bodybuilding Diet Meals: Food You Should Eat and Avoid
By having a proper diet, you’ll be able to provide all the necessary nutrients that your muscles need to recover and repair from workouts, resulting in bigger and stronger growth. Conversely, a bad diet will result in subpar results.
Below are the foods you should be adding in your diet and the ones you need to avoid or limit.
Foods To Eat
Foods you should be adding to your diet include:
- Oils: Avocado oil, flaxseed oil, and olive oil.Beans and legumes: Pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans, lentils, and chickpeas.
- Seeds and nuts: Flax seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and almonds.
- Vegetables: Mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, zucchini, cucumber, green beans, tomatoes, leafy salad greens, spinach, and broccoli.
- Starchy vegetables: Cassava, green lima beans, green peas, corn, and potatoes.
- Fruits: Berries, watermelon, peaches, pears, grapes, bananas, apples, and oranges.
- Grains: Rice, popcorn, quinoa, oatmeal, crackers, cereal, and bread.
- Dairy: Cheese, low-fat milk, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
- Fish, poultry, and meats: cod, tilapia, salmon, chicken breast, ground beef, and Sirloin steak.
Foods to Avoid
While there are some foods you should be adding to your diet, there are some you need to avoid. These include:
- Deep-fried foods: consuming these foods in excess can cause inflammation. Examples include cheese curds, chicken strips, onion rings, french fries, and fried fish.
- Added sugars: Such edibles provide excess calories but fewer nutrients. Edibles with added-sugars include cake, ice cream, doughnuts, cookies, candy, sugar-sweetened beverages like sports drinks and soda.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption can have a negative impact on your ability to lose fat and gain muscle.
Many athletes and bodybuilders use dietary supplements. The best supplements for bodybuilding include:
- Whey Protein: Taking this supplement is an easy way to boost protein intake.
- Creatine: It provides energy to your muscles to perform an extra rep or two.
- Caffeine: caffeine is known for decreasing fatigue, allowing you to work out harder.
Note: For article source on various bodybuilding topics check out Bonymuscle.
Simple Meal Plan:
Here’s a simple meal plan to help you get started:
- Breakfast: Oatmeal, scrambled eggs (with or without mushroom)
- Lunch: Broccoli, white rice, Venison burger.
- Snack: Blueberries with low-fat cheese, banana.
- Dinner: Asparagus, quinoa, and salmon.
- Breakfast: Raspberries, peanut butter, and protein pancakes( add light-syrup).
- Lunch: Spinach salad mixed with vinaigrette, sweet potato, and sirloin steak.
- Snack: Walnuts, protein shake, and hard-boiled egg.
- Dinner: Pasta with marinara sauce and ground turkey.
- Breakfast: Chicken sausage with roasted potatoes and eggs.
- Lunch: Mushroom, basmati rice, and turkey breast.
- Snack: Grapes and protein shake.
- Dinner: Brown rice, mackerel, and salad leaves mixed with vinaigrette.
- Breakfast: whole grain tortilla with cheese and salsa, egg, and ground turkey.
- Lunch: Broccoli, sour cream, baked potato, chicken breast.
- Snack: Mixed berries, protein shake.
- Dinner: Stir-fried chicken, brown rice, egg, carrots, peas, and broccoli.
- Breakfast: Egg with bell peppers, corn, cheese and salsa, and ground turkey.
- Lunch: Pinto and black beans, tilapia filets, seasonal veggies, and lime juice.
- Snack: Watermelon and protein shake.
- Dinner: Green peas, green beans, brown rice, ground beef mixed with corn.
- Breakfast: ground turkey & egg with corn, cheese, and salsa, bell peppers.
- Lunch: bell peppers, potato wedgies, tilapia fillets.
- Snack: Pear, protein shake.
- Dinner: Rice with diced beef, bell peppers, black beans, cheese.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, avocado toast.
- Lunch: green beans, pork tenderloin slices mixed with roasted garlic and potatoes.
- Snack: Strawberries and protein shake.
- Dinner: Turkey meatballs, pasta with Parmesan sauce, marinara sauce.